Ever since the inception of our marriage, God has given us a strong desire to teach and learn as much as we can about speaking God’s life-giving words. Whether it is speaking them or speaking them to change situations, the investment of dedicating time to speaking God’s Word has an immeasurable return. And the best part? When you speak His Word, good things happen.
Here are 7 verses that remind us of our marriage.
1. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8
2. That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh. Genesis 2:24
3. I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33
4. The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the Lord. Proverbs 18:22
5. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate. Mark 10:9
6. Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. Hebrews 13:4
7. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 1 Corinthians 7:3
Why speak life over your marriage?
To protect it. The enemy is constantly trying to tear down the godly institution of marriage. One major way the enemy is able to divide and conquer many marriages is through the sin of speaking lies and unkind words over one another. Just like any seed, when bad seeds are sown into our marriages by ugly words, bad fruit will grow as a result. The enemy is the father of lies and will take any and every opportunity to steal the life and love out of your marriage covenant.
GOD BLESS YOU.